Tuesday, August 19, 2008

About to Embark on a Four Month Journey

With travel books highlighted, destinations mapped out and suitcases packed I am nearing my departure for Europe. I can hardly believe that I will be living in a "foreign" country for four months! I created this blog with hopes to share my travels with my friends and family. Also, I am hoping to give readers an inside view of the good, the bad and the ugly of what it is like to be a traveler on a student budget.

This will be my second trip to Europe. When I was 14 I went with my family on a trip through Rome, Florence, Bruges, Brussels, Paris and London. I had an eye-opening experience and have been hoping to return ever since.

Although my last trip to Europe was awesome, I am excited to return a bit older with the freedom (and responsibility) of traveling without parents. I am sure that I will experience some incredible places, visit historic sights, relax on beautiful beaches and meet some interesting people along the way. I hope to share these experiences with all of you.

Ciao for now!

No comments: