Wednesday, December 3, 2008

London: Abbey Road and the West End






















































































































I made the decision that for at least one trip while studying abroad I would try to travel on my own. I chose London to be my "alone" trip and went for four days over Thanksgiving.
I found this to be one of my favorite trips thus far. I think that traveling by myself was extremely rewarding. I was able to find out that I could figure out all of the travel details (trains, buses, flights, metro, currency, etc.) on my own.

What I think was most interesting is that I learned more about what I really enjoy doing while traveling -- rather than feeling an obligation to work around other's plans. It was nice to have this time alone towards the end of my stay in Europe to reflect on why I came here in the first place, and what I hope to do before I leave.

During my stay in London I visited Abbey Road, Big Ben and some of the more touristy areas. I also saw "The Lion King" and enjoyed visiting some great pubs and restaurants. My favorite part was wandering around without an itinerary: getting lost and exploring the West End. Above are some pictures from my travels through London.

No comments: