Thursday, November 13, 2008

Meeting My Parents in Munich






My parents came to Europe for a two week vacation and to visit me in Rome. You can check out some of their adventure's on my Dad's blog Lyke2Drink.
I caught up with them in Munich after a flight that took me from Rome to Athens to Munich -- finding an affordable flight from Rome to Munich was not easy!

As a student studying abroad for 4 months it was wonderful to get the chance to have my parents visit! Munich was the perfect city to spend some time with my father since he is a beer writer. I was happy to get the chance to see Munich during the fall when it is especially beautiful. One tip: if you only have one full day in Munich do not make it a Sunday. On Sundays practically all of the shops are closed.
My favorite beer that I had in Munich was the Augustiner Weissbier. I recommend a nice wheat beer to compliment some pork knuckle and spatzel!


















































































No comments: